Basic Behavioral Threat Assessment
Threat assessment is a critical component of preventing school shootings and other targeted violence on campus. The Arkansas Center for School Safety (the Center) has been awarded a Bureau of Justice Assistance grant to assist Arkansas school districts, both public and private, to develop effective behavioral threat assessment teams and processes.
Basic Behavioral Threat Assessment is an seven-hour course that will be delivered virtually and will explore the basic procedures and guidelines for threat assessment teams.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Strategies for diverting students on a violent trajectory
- Components of threat assessment policies and procedures
- Defining and identifying behaviors for assessment screenings
- Levels of interventions needed to deter acts of violence
This course includes interactive scenarios designed for actual behavioral threat assessment teams. It is recommended that all members or potential members of a school threat assessment team should attend the same course delivery.
• This is an 7 hour class.
• This class is available at no charge.