This course will assist law enforcement in obtaining information necessary to implement rapid intervention techniques in the event of an active shooter incident at a school, church, business, or other event where large groups of persons may be in attendance. Topics will include the history of active shooter situations and instruction on immediate deployment, rapid intervention tactics, and techniques used in rescue and contact team situations. Day two of the training will include practical exercises using Simunitions in mock scenarios to gain experience in applying the tactics and techniques learned in the classroom.
• This class is 14 hours.
• Class hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Enrollment is restricted to 24 participants.
• For certified law enforcement officers only.
• This class is available at no charge.
• This class earns credits in our Degree Program.